The Church is officially ‘The Parish Church of St Andrew, Bramfield’. There is evidence that there has been a Church building on the site since the seventh century and parts of the existing building are Saxon and Norman. The first recorded Rector was Thomas a Becket who was martyred in 1170. So there is a very long history of Christianity in the village. The Church still thrives, albeit with a small regular congregation, but all are welcome to come. We are part of a 4 Parish Benefice with Stapleford, Waterford and Watton at Stone. We have just appointed a new Priest in Charge, Jenny Gray and have been very well supported during the vacancy by Ann Voss. The Churchyard is tended and maintained to a high standard by a team of volunteers from the village.
As with many Churches, the building is filled when we have baptisms, marriages and funerals. Also it is filled when we have our annual Carol service on Christmas Eve. Our present pattern of services is:-
1st Sunday in the month – Morning prayer/Communion at 11.15.
2nd Sunday (summer only)-Book of Common Prayer at 09.30,
3rd Sunday-Family Communion at 11.15
4th Sunday- Holy Communion at 11.15
If there is a 5th Sunday in the month we have a joint service held in succession by the Parishes in the benefice.
Contacts for matters relating to the Church are:-
Revd Jenny Gray (Priest in Charge) 01920 830035
The Church Wardens – Dorothy Abel Smith (01992 582132 and Peggy Wareham (01992 550467)
The Lay Vice-Chair of the PCC- John Goldsmith (01992 583805)
Revd Ann Voss (01992 554676)